Nobody’s home is immune to pesky rodents, they can invade any property and cause a lot of issues. There are ways you can deter them from your property, to stop them coming to your home, you must first understand their habits. Once you know what attracts them, you’ll then be able to beat them. If you find you’ve already found a rodent infestation, call the best pest control services in Leeds to deal with the problem. They’ll deploy a variety of strategies to ensure they eliminate the pests in an effective manner, here are some of their approaches.
- Property assessment
- Identifying feeding areas
- Traditional trap laying
- Blocking access points
A professional won’t just spray dangerous chemicals around your home, they know the danger they pose to kids, family pets and other occupants of your household. It is always better to be proactive when it comes to rodents, take these steps to ensure you deter them before they infest your home.
- Proper Food Storage – Rodents love an easy meal, if you don’t store your food in sealed containers, they’ll do their best to access your home.
- Rubbish Management – Don’t leave rubbish lying around, place food in bags with secure lids.
- Clean Your Garden – Keep the grass and shrubs trimmed, ensuring the area is clean and tidy.
- Clean Climbing Foliage – Rats are really good climbers, so if you have ivy or other types of climbers, don’t allow them to grow to the attic.
- Access Points – Secure all access points and identify any weaknesses.